BOTB seal for blog.jpg

Uniseals are a rubber seal used to run pipe through the walls of tanks, filters & grow beds in aquaponic and hydroponic systems. 

 Uniseals are more adaptable than the traditionally used threaded bulkhead/tank fittings used by many aquaponicist as they can be fitted to walls of uneven thickness, curved surfaces and even pipes.


uniseals aust.JPG

Uniseals For Americans

Amazon thumb SMALL   -min.png

Folks in the USA can purchase Uniseals & other aquaponic kit from our Amazon Influencer page.** 


Installing Uniseals

Step 1.. Using a hole saw, cut a hole to the correct size for the Uniseal you are installing. (Pipe to Uniseal Sizing Guide in Price List below). Make sure that the hole is a clean cut as irregularities could result in poor seating and leakage. Ridges  and burrs must be removed from hole saw cut. 

Step 2.. Place the Uniseal into the hole with the wide side facing the direction the pipe is going to be inserted.

uniseal fittig.jpg

Step 3.. Chamfer/bevel the edge of the pipe to 15º min. Ensure that there are no sharp points to cut the Uniseal fitting. 


Step 4.. Wet and apply liquid detergent to the end of pipe to be inserted into the tank. Then drive the pipe through the Uniseal from it’s wide side. (It may be necessary to use a mallet and dolly). The detergent will be squeezed out  as the pipe passes through the Uniseal.

The coefficient of friction of the rubber holds the pipe tightly in place. 

DO NOT use silicone, grease or Vaseline, as anything with a slippery or greasy base will cause the marriage between the pipe and the Alcryn in the Uniseal to fail under pressure.

Used with permission from Uniseal Australia



**Rob (That’s me ) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer/Associates Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to https://www.amazon.com/shop/bnbob01